Breaking Bread - Breaking Barriers
Jugendbegegnung mit 42 jungen Leuten aus 7 Ländern in Osterholz-Scharmbeck. Wenn du zwischen 18 und 30 Jahren alt bist, mach mit!
Love goes through the stomach – so does intercultural learning!
Is there any better way to learn about cultures than through food? You are invited to come and find out on our youth exchange “Breaking Bread – Breaking Barriers”. This youth exchange brings together 42 young people from Romania, Italy, Turkey, Croatia, Greece, Macedonia and Germany for 10 days of exploring their own culture and other cultures through preparing, sharing and learning about food.
Dates: 15-25 of March 2019
Location: Osterholz-Scharmbeck, Germany
The main objectives of the youth exchange are:
- Developing critical thinking skills
- Increasing tolerance and promoting acceptance of different opinions
- Learning about other countries and their lifestyles through food and cuisine
- Sharing each other’s culture and breaking the mental barriers of people through food and cooking.
- Discovering non-formal learning methods and the possibilities of the Erasmus+ programme.
- Including people with disabilities and/or people with fewer opportunities in society.
You will also have a chance to experience cooking on different venues, where participants will have the opportunity to present their local cuisine and culture to German locals. One of them is Küche für alle and the other one is Küchen Tenne.
You can apply, if you’re…
- 18-30 years old (no age limit for group leaders)
- Resident of Germany
- Willingness to research typical recipes of their own country or the region they come from in preparation for the project
- Motivation to organize a small culinary event for friends, school-mates and/or family where they will prepare their favourite recipes after the project
For the full schedule of the project activities and more information, check out the infopack or the website of Naturkultur.
All costs for food and accommodation are covered by the Erasmus+ programme. Travel costs will be reimbursed for up to 180,-€. There is a participation fee of 30€.